Buffalo, New York – Currently hiring hospitalist Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
As an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams.
Sound values our advanced practice providers and realize they need a forum to collaborate. Our APP Collaborative was formed to provide development opportunities and to advance the role of our providers who work alongside our physician providers. We offer the same leadership development opportunities for APPs that are provided to our physician providers.
The Team – The Hospital
- 440 bed, not-for-profit hospital
- Largest hospital in Western New York with the region’s busiest emergency room.
- Catholic Health System affiliated hospital - Awarded Top 100 Integrated Health Systems
- Established 9 physician team with 11 Advanced Practitioners and Hospitalist RN
- Hospitalist run codes
- Open ICU with Intensivist support
- No procedures required
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
The APP Hospitalist Role
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Ability to practice independently
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform dictation of discharge summary and procedure reports
- Write progress notes
- Order routine and special laboratory studies
- Write orders for inpatient and outpatient medicine
- Flexible block schedule (4 shifts per week); 7 am – 5 pm
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in New York
- New grads welcome to apply
Location and Lifestyle
Buffalo is the second largest city in the state with a population of approximately 1.3 million in the surrounding metropolitan area. Residents of Western New York enjoy the cosmopolitan lifestyle of cities such as Buffalo and Niagara Falls, combined with the small town character of quaint communities nestled into the surrounding countryside.
- Forbes named Buffalo one of the most affordable housing markets in the country.
- Across the Peace Bridge from downtown Buffalo, Canada brings an international flair to the area, including the excitement of Toronto, a mere 90 minutes away.