Program Medical Director job in St. Louis, Missouri
Sound Physicians, a physician-founded and led organization, focuses on improving quality, patient satisfaction and ICU performance. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the way critical care is provided. This is accomplished by our relentless pursuit to create value and eliminate waste in the ICU, implementing critical care programs that focus on improving the lives of patients while creating value for our hospital partners.
We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.
We are excited to announce a new partnership with a large tertiary care center in the St. Louis metropolitan area. This will be our third Critical Care program in the area and we couldn’t be more excited! We are seeking an experienced Program Medical Director to lead our team at our newest hospital partner in St. Louis. The Critical Care Program Medical Director will be responsible for the Intensivist team which will be comprised of 4 Critical Care Physicians and 2 Critical Care Advanced Practice Providers. The Intensivist-led multidisciplinary team will use evidence based protocols to provide the highest standard of care to the patients in the community.
- 476 bed Level II trauma center
- Comprehensive health care center with state-of-the-art comprehensive programs to include: Robotic Surgery Institute, Neurosciences Institute, Heart Institute (offering the latest in minimally invasive valve replacement and repair)
- Subspecialty programs including (but not limited to): Orthopedics, Cancer Care, Breast Care, Maternity Care, Surgical Services, Behavioral Health Services, Center for Sleep Disorders, Imaging Services, Weight-Loss Institute and Pain Care Center.
- Medical/Surgical/Cardiac ICUs
- 4 Physician, 2 APP Intensivist team
- 24/7 coverage model with 12-hour block shift schedule with dedicated time off
Director Responsibilities Include
- Developing and implementing evidence based protocols, practice guidelines, and order sets that form the core of Sound Physicians' Critical Care program
- Defining and managing work allocation and work flow processes of program clinical and physician staff
- Participating in ICU related quality and data management
- Serving in a partnership role with Sound Physicians in all areas of program management including (but not limited to) marketing, staffing, HR issues, budget, clinical performance, strategic planning, services provided, and recruitment.
- Orienting and training new physicians
- Managing relationships with key clinical and administrative stakeholders at the hospital
- Supporting all existing standardized The Intensivist Group processes, tools, services
- Championing change management and required expectations during the implementation of a new Intensivist program
- Facilitating cooperation with other key inpatient physician care providers such as hospitalists and emergency physicians to promote physician involvement in program planning, policy, and development
- Overseeing ICU throughput
- Must be board certified in Critical Care Medicine and able to obtain a Missouri medical license
- Eligible to work in the United States. Not a J1 visa qualified area.
- Have at least 5 years of experience as a Critical Care physician Director
- Demonstrate previous leadership and management skills
- Comprehend physician services documentation and coding compliance requirements
- Understand techniques of financial decision making
- Skilled in physician recruitment and retention practice
- Experienced in quality improvement initiatives
- Excellent shift based compensation
- Leadership stipend
- CME allowance
- Professional Liability Coverage including full tail coverage
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage option for physician and dependents
- Relocation Allowance, 401(k), Path to Partnership
Location and Lifestyle
The hospital is located in a welcoming suburb of St. Louis, serving patients across the St. Louis metropolitan area. Conveniently located near local and international transportation hubs, the community offers a diverse array of housing options in the immediate area as well as throughout the metro St. Louis area. New construction and historic homes abound, in addition to community style living. St. Louis offers a rich history and cultural diversity for individuals and families of all backgrounds.
Visit us at booth 208 at the SCCM Conference in San Antonio – February 25th-27th! (Society of Critical Care Medicine)