Physician / Nocturnist / Permanent / Ohio
Canton, Ohio, located less than an hour from downtown Cleveland, Ohio, is home to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, the National First Ladies' Historic Site and many other cultural and historic landmarks. The greater Stark County area also offers several school districts rated excellent by the Ohio Department of Education and exceptional colleges and universities, including the University of Mount Union, Malone University, Walsh University, Kent State University at Stark and Stark State College.
You'll also find easy access to excellent schools and low cost of living, coupled with outstanding restaurants, farmers' markets, shopping and entertainment venues. And don’t forget to check out the numerous cultural and performing arts events – from orchestras and theatres to museums and art galleries.
Through People We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
- 476 bed hospital, Mercy Medical Center is part of the Sisters of Charity Health System serving Stark, Carroll, Wayne, Holmes, and Tuscarawas Counties and parts of Southeastern Ohio.
- Established 22 physician team with made up of 19 physicians and 4 advanced practitioners, plus a hospitalist RN
- Outstanding established team of physicians with very low turnover. Excellent leadership and collaboration with hospital administration.
- Full Subspecialty support
- Residents and hospitalist will run codes
- No call environment
- Block Schedule of 7 on/7 off
- Nocturnist hours: 7:00pm – 7:00am
- Average admissions overnight is 6-8
- Advanced Practice Provider on staff overnight with nocturnist to assist with cross coverage calls and lower acuity admissions
- Swing shift physician is on until 12 midnight to assist with admissions
- Open ICU – hospitalists have patients in ICU, however with full intensivist support, minimal procedures are required and the intensivists will manage vents, pressors, etc.
- Blocked schedule with 7on/7off for a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload and sustainable career
- Meditech EMR
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance
- H1B Cap Exempt hospital
- Visa sponsorship available through our retained immigration attorney with all required filing fees and services covered
Commitment to our Front-Line Providers
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.