If you love the coast, consider the southeastern coast of North Carolina! Enjoy close proximity to Wilmington and Morehead City that offers great schools, shopping, boating, fishing and more!
As an Advanced Practitioner with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams.
This is your opportunity to be a part of hospitalist services in this community hospital providing comprehensive general medical and surgical services. Featuring a comprehensive list of specialties, this hospital is a leader in addressing the health and medical needs of the community.
The Team – The Hospital
- 162 bed hospital with open 12 Bed ICU
- Established 8 physician team with 2 advanced practitioners
- Subspecialty support to include Pulmonary Critical Care, Cardiology, Anesthesiology, General Surgery, and Nephrology.
- 7 on/ 7 off (Days only) schedule
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME.
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
- Successful completion of NP/PA Graduate Program (Masters Level)
- Current, unrestricted NP/PA license
- Inpatient experience preferred but not required
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform dictation of discharge summary and procedure reports
- Write progress notes
- Order routine and special laboratory studies
- Write orders for inpatient and outpatient medicine
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
*** Current, unrestricted license in North Carolina. Will consider Family Practice or Geriatric Certification with recent acute care experience. Minimum 1 year NP/PA experience required.
Competitive income and benefits available!