Elizabeth City, NC is known as the Harbor of Hospitality, located 45 minutes from Norfolk, VA, and has the scenic beauty of Cape Hattaras and the Outer banks. It is less than an hour from Virginia Beach, Busch Gardens, Chesapeake and historic Williamsburg and Nags Head, NC. Ranked by Money Magazine as one of the Best place to Live on the Coast, the area offers affordable living and waterfront properties. Imagine waking up to the breathtaking view of the Albemarle Sound with dolphins swimming through calm waters, walk out to the pier to set sail or relax on your deck overlooking the natural beauty of Coastal Carolina’s waterway. Observe nature at its best with an area that boasts a good quality of life with affordable living and abundant activities for the whole family.
As an Advanced Practitioner with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams.
This is your opportunity to be a part of hospitalist services in this community hospital providing comprehensive general medical and surgical services. Featuring a comprehensive list of specialties, this hospital is a leader in addressing the health and medical needs of the community.
The Team – The Hospital
- 182-Bed facility that is Northeastern North Carolina’s largest regional health and wellness provider
- Sentara Albemarle ranked top ten percent of hospitals and Department of Health and Human Services patients ranked Sentara Albemarle Medical Center “Best Possible Hospital.”
- 10 FTE and 1 APP dedicated hospitalist team
- Full team engagement with hospital committees
- Open ICU with Intensivist support
- Procedures beneficial but not required
- Blocked schedule with 7on/7off for a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload and true work/life balance
- Meditech EMR
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME.
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform dictation of discharge summary and procedure reports
- Write progress notes
- Order routine and special laboratory studies
- Write orders for inpatient and outpatient medicine
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current unrestricted NP/PA license in North Carolina; Minimum: 2 years inpatient APP experience including exposure to electronic medical systems. Will consider Family Practice or Geriatric Certification with recent acute care experience.
- Not open to new grads – ideally looking for candidate with minimum of 1-2 years with recent acute care experience.