Tampa, Florida – Seeking an experienced Intensivist physician
Currently seeking an enthusiastic Critical Care Physician to join our established Intensivist program in coastal Tampa, FL!
You’ll enjoy working alongside a seasoned team of Critical Care Physicians that are truly advancing the practice of critical care medicine. We are a team of dedicated healers, inspired leaders, and the next generation of critical care innovators.
Location and Lifestyle
- Excellent cost of living (no state income tax!)
- More than 30 beautiful beaches – average weather from 70-90 degrees
- Professional soccer, baseball, football, and hockey teams
- International Airport
- 475-bed acute care hospital with 36-bed medical/surgical ICU; 9-bed CCU and 8-bed Cardiothoracic ICU
- Largest ICU program in the Tampa Bay area serving as a referral center for 6 Florida Hospitals
- Intensivists have access ECMO
- 24/7 coverage - block schedule with 12 hour shifts (no call)
- Established 8 physician team with 4 Advanced Practitioners
- Experienced and collaborative Leadership - Significant opportunities for career development and growth
- Competitive compensation, robust benefit package, CME allowance, 401k with company contributions, partnership track and more!
Awards and Recognitions
- Official “team hospital” for 3 major league sports teams in Tampa Bay area
- Gallup Great Workplace Award - Recognized by Gallup as one of the best-performing, most productive and engaged workforces in the world, for the last 4 years
Education, Training & Experience Required
- MD or DO
- Must be Board Certified or board eligible in Critical Care Medicine.
- Eligible to work in the United States. Not a J1 visa qualified area.
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward thinking and demonstrate problem solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
- Fellows and recent grads are encouraged to apply
Sound Physicians, a physician-founded and led organization, focuses on improving quality, patient satisfaction and ICU performance. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the way critical care is provided. This is accomplished by our relentless pursuit to create value and eliminate waste in the ICU, implementing critical care programs that focus on improving the lives of patients while creating value for our hospital partners.
We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.