The Intensivist Group seeks an experienced Critical Care Medicine Director to lead our growing team at Florida Hospital Tampa. This is a unique opportunity to join an established team of seven physicians and participate in the evolution of the areas premier Critical Care Medicine program. The ideal Director will work clinically alongside the dedicated team in addition to providing administrative direction with the support of The Intensivist Groups medical and operational teams.
The Team - The Hospital
As part of The Intensivist Group, you will work in a culture of integrity, teamwork, service, quality & innovation. You will work with a physician-centric administration that supports leadership training and seeks to work collaboratively with physician leaders to affect positive changes for the medical staff and its community.
- 475 bed hospital, tertiary hub of a 5 hospital network, part of the Adventist Health System
- Established 7 physician team with 3 advanced practice providers
- 36 bed medical/surgical ICU; 9 bed CCU and 8 bed CTICU
- Full Sub-specialty Support
- 24/7 on-site coverage
Director Responsibilities Include
- Developing and implementing evidence based protocols, practice guidelines, and order sets that form the core of TIGs intensivist program
- Defining and managing work allocation and work flow processes of program clinical and physician staff
- Participating in ICU related quality and data management
- Serving in a partnership role with Sound Physicians and The Intensivist Group in all areas of program management including (but not limited to) marketing, staffing, HR issues, budget, clinical performance, strategic planning, services provided, and recruitment.
- Orienting and training new physicians
- Managing relationships with key clinical and administrative stakeholders at the hospital
- Supporting all existing standardized The Intensivist Group processes, tools, services
- Championing change management and required expectations during the implementation of a new Intensivist program
- Facilitating cooperation with other key inpatient physician care providers such as hospitalists and emergency physicians to promote physician involvement in program planning, policy, and development
- Overseeing ICU throughput
- Must be board certified in Critical Care Medicine and able to obtain a Florida medical license
- Eligible to work in the United States. Not a J1 visa qualified area.
- Have at least 5 years of experience as a Critical Care Medicine Director
- Demonstrate previous leadership and management skills
- Comprehend physician services documentation and coding compliance requirements
- Understand techniques of financial decision making
- Skilled in physician recruitment and retention practices
- Experienced in quality improvement initiatives