Program Medical Director critical care job in Tampa, Florida
Sound Physicians, a physician-founded and led organization, focuses on improving quality, patient satisfaction and ICU performance. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the way critical care is provided. This is accomplished by our relentless pursuit to create value and eliminate waste in the ICU, implementing critical care programs that focus on improving the lives of patients while creating value for our hospital partners.
Our critical care physician leaders share ideas with like-minded peers and are truly advancing the practice of critical care medicine. We are a team of dedicated healers, inspired leaders, and the next generation of critical care innovators. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.
The Leadership Role
- Developing and implementing evidence based protocols, practice guidelines, and order sets that form the core of Sound Physicians' Critical Care program
- Defining and managing work allocation and work flow processes of program clinical and physician staff
- Participating in ICU related quality and data management
- Serving in a partnership role with Sound Physicians in all areas of program management including (but not limited to) marketing, staffing, HR issues, budget, clinical performance, strategic planning, services provided, and recruitment.
- Orienting and training new physicians
- Managing relationships with key clinical and administrative stakeholders at the hospital
- Continuous training and education through SoundInstitute™, our proprietary learning and development platform
The Hospital Program
- Lead this team of 7 Physicians and 3 Advanced Practitioners
- 475 bed hospital, tertiary hub of a 5 hospital network, part of the Adventist Health System
- 36 bed medical/surgical ICU; 9 bed CCU and 8 bed CTICU
- Full Sub-specialty Support
- 24/7 on-site coverage
- Must be board certified in Critical Care Medicine and able to obtain a Florida medical license
- Eligible to work in the United States. Not a J1 visa qualified area.
- Have at least 5 years of experience as a Critical Care Medicine Director
- Demonstrate previous leadership and management skills
- Comprehend physician services documentation and coding compliance requirements
- Understand techniques of financial decision making
- Skilled in physician recruitment and retention practices
- Experienced in quality improvement initiatives