Fredericksburg, Northern Virginia – Currently hiring Internal or Family Medicine (Physician Hospitalist and Nocturnist)
Fredericksburg, VA is located approximately one hour from Washington DC and Richmond, VA and nestles along the banks of the Rappahannock River. With everything from historic sites, wineries, arts and entertainment, shopping and top rated golf courses there is something for everyone in Fredericksburg.
Sound Physicians is partnering with Mary Washington Hospital in Fredericksburg, VA to provide medical care services to the inpatient population including admission, inpatient care coordination, and discharge. This team of physicians, employed by Mary Washington, will enjoy Sound Physicians’ practice model which is based on a sustainable career for you. We manage your patient volume, providing you the time required with patients and families to deliver high-quality care and improve outcomes.
Through People We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
- Mary Washington Healthcare – Two hospital system; Non-profit, voted 6th Best Hospital in Virginia
- 459 bed hospital & Stafford 110 bed hospital
- 35 Physician team with collaboration and Support from APPs
- No Call
- Procedures not mandatory
- Blocked schedule with 7on/7off for a sustainable career
- Fully staffed specialists
- Open to Internal or Family Medicine trained physicians
- Resident physicians welcome to apply
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
Collaborates with various medical disciplines across the organization while providing excellent patient care. Completes care documentation and other administrative functions required of the physician. Engages in hospital care improvement processes.
This position must demonstrate a commitment of quality service to our patients, the public and our co-workers.
- Admits patients to inpatient service of hospital
- Plans, implements, and directs the multidisciplinary team in the provision of inpatient services to patients under the physician’s care
- Completes History and Physical Exams, orders laboratory tests, and orders radiographic examinations as appropriate for patient care
- Orders treatments and medications as indicated by patient conditions
- Responds to CODE BLUE and acute emergencies as required
- Answers calls from nursing staff concerning patients requiring medical attention
- Arranges and conducts family meetings where appropriate
- Plans and coordinates care with all members of the health care team to assure quality and efficiency. Consults specialty physicians when indicated by patient condition and clinical practice guidelines
- Practices evidence-based medicine, utilizes standardized protocols and order sets, and coordinates with care management and nursing staff to achieve most appropriate length of stay
- Prepares medical records and patient progress notes in a timely and accurate fashion, in compliance with applicable facility and governmental guidelines
- Prepares and enters appropriate diagnostic and billing codes into facility-designated system within 24 hours of provision of services
- Actively participates in patient satisfaction, utilization management, and other quality improvement activities of employer and/or when required by third-party payers
- Participates in employer orientation, compliance, and mandatory training and education programs
- Serves on facility committees as requested
- Complies with applicable Rules and Regulations of facility and abides by all requirements of facility’s Medical Staff Bylaws
- Performs all services, acts, and duties connected with the position in accordance with the mission, vision, and values of the organization
- Meet all criteria necessary for Medical Staff privileges in the area of family practice or internal medicine as approved by the Mary Washington Hospital Board of Directors
- Graduate of an AMA approved school of medicine or osteopathy (ECFMG candidate if foreign medical school graduate)
- Open to Internal Medicine and Family Medicine trained Physicians
- Licensed to practice medicine in the State of Virginia
- Active DEA License
- Eligible for participation in Medicare, Medicaid, and third party insurances
- Board Certification in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine or Board Eligible within 5 years of completion of residency training
- Prior Hospitalist experience preferred
Commitment to our Front-Line Providers
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.